Position Details: IT Engineer Tier 1
We are an IT consulting company providing 10 + years of technology solutions to small & medium sized businesses in Austin, TX, and surrounding areas. We pride ourselves on our level of knowledge and expertise as well as our desire to cultivate long-term client relationships by providing ethical, cost effective solutions EVERY time. We are a company that invests in our employees and therefore only consider serious applicants that are looking for a long-term career.
To support our steadily growing business we are adding a Microsoft Support Engineer position. This person would require a sincere, polite, honest, and professional demeanor who can provide excellent customer service and build a trusting relationship with our clients. The position also requires a strong background in Windows Desktop & Server support (all versions), as well as a background in computer and peripheral hardware maintenance and troubleshooting. Other knowledge, skills, and abilities expected include high standards for consistency & quality within personal and team performance, excellent written and verbal communication skills, organization and ability to complete work with and without direct supervision, can multitask and prioritize duties based on the client’s needs and expectations with time-management skills and abilities to establish reasonable and attainable deadlines for resolution.
We are a company that invests in our employees and therefore only consider serious applicants that are looking for a long-term career.
Title: IT Support Engineer (T1)
Full Time / Monday – Friday 7:45 – 4:45pm including on call rotation (avg. 1 wk. monthly)
Salary: Competitive based on skill set
- Fully available for shift beginning @ 7:45am – 4:45pm. On occasion these hours may flex for onsite projects.
- Available to work in office daily for entire shift.
- Able to work remotely and perform the same job functions without compromise
- Be a self-starter, answering helpdesk calls and maintaining incoming tickets.
- Managing technical support incidents and providing support to our clients’ users according to our process guidelines to ensure consistency our clients have come to expect
- Respond to user escalation, inquiries, and requests via phone, e-mail, and ticket system quickly and accurately
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems and update our extensive knowledgebase as necessary to assist the team with new solutions found
- Support and perform maintenance on servers, network equipment, and desktop machines on a routine basis
- Provide end user training as needed to help our clients perform their jobs more efficiently
- Build, install, configure, and maintain new server and desktop systems, software applications, and peripheral equipment such as printers and network gear
- Participate in on-call rotation (weeklong/monthly)
- Maintain user account information for internal and client systems
- Carry assigned projects from initial description to fruition with consistency
- Able to deliver and deploy hardware onsite to client offices when necessary
- Sincere, polite, honest, and professional demeanor
- Good work ethic that has high standards for consistency and quality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate to multiple levels with our and our clients’ organization
- Solutions oriented and passionate about success and working in a demanding and ever-changing environment with likeminded individuals
- Ability to multitask effectively and see problems worked until completion
- Proven track record of taking the lead and delivering consistent results
- Ability to setup, configure, and troubleshoot servers, laptops, and other peripheral equipment
- Familiarity with Windows Desktop and Server Operating Systems
- Familiarity with configuration and management Active Directory
- Familiarity with system level components, what they look like, and their purpose
- Familiarity with basic network components, how they work together, and cable types
- Can pass a background check
- Can pass drug test
- Valid driver’s license
- Good driving record
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds of equipment
- Shared Vehicles for travel
- Competitive compensation
- PPO/HMO Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Retirement with employer matching
- Vacation / Paid Time Off
- Company laptop
- Company iPhone
- Many more!